An EC Declaration of Conformity is a conformity declaration and is also referred to as the CE certificate. Manufacturers must sign this, thus declaring that machines, combinations of machines or installations comply with applicable European directives.
When delivering machines/lifts/electrical devices/personal protective equipment within the European Union, as well as Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Iceland, it is mandatory to supply an EC Declaration of Conformity as well as a CE marking.
- Company name and manufacturer’s full address
- Description and identification of machine (model/type/serial number)
- Confirmation that machine complies with provisions in Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC and other applicable Directives
- Summary of harmonised EN norms (if applicable)
- Location, date and signature of authorised person